The T is Me works best in Firefox or Google Chrome

Friday, April 27, 2012

Musings on Hair: Side Parts

I have attached, for your pupils' enjoyment, the most beautiful side part that has ever existed ever on the face of planets across the galaxy, that of my future husband, Matt Smith




Today, while riding on the train on my way to work, I began to amuse myself by once again imagining how swagilicious life will be when I turn 16. As the big day is coming up, I have begun imagining how my sweet sixteen party should look. After adding the mental image of a moped-shaped object covered entirely in wrapping paper with a big red bow (yes, please) to my mind-vision, I began to think about how fabulous I will look with my newly-pierced nose which I plan to get either following or just before my b-day. From there, I began, while staring at my reflection in the train window, to mentally debate whether the piercing would look better on the right or left side of my face. I easily concluded that I should have it on the left. Then I began to wonder what so strongly compelled me to choose this side of my face for self-mutilation, and noticed how the piercing would balance out the symmetry of my side part and that's why it made sense to put it there. As the result of this long, superfluous and completely unnecessary description of my weird brain process, I then started to think about what makes people part their hair on one or the other side of their head. I began looking at the hair of people on the train and noticed that most people seemed to part their hair to the left, as pictured above. So, this brings me to the question:

What phsycological law governs hair-parting?
Is sexuality a factor?
Do people tend to part their hair in a certain direction more often in some regions than others?
Is there a difference within religions and races?
Do liberals part their hair differently than conservatives?


THESE are the questions people should be asking! They should do a case study on this. It would be easy cause they wouldn't even have to stop people and ask questions, they could just take a head count. (And yes, pun most definitely intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment